Playing Volleyball - PASSING/FOREARM PASS/BUMP
THE FOREARM PASS/DIG
Start in the "Ready Position"
Straight arms away from the body
Extend legs and move arms from shoulders
Contact the ball on the FOREARMS
Finish with hands pointing to target
- "Stuck in the mud" - no movement
- Bent elbows
- Too much arm swing
- Contacting the ball with hands apart
- Contacting the ball on the hands not the forearms
ARMS STRAIGHT AT 90 DEGREES
- Be "ready" with arms at 90 degrees from your body.
- Bend at the waist - shoulders forward - hips back.
- Maintain 90 degree angle between arms and upper body.
- Legs should also be bent.
- Ball should come off the same spot on lower forearms
(just above the wrists) each time.
- The ball should be contacted at hip level as often
HIPS AND ONE
- Keep hips BACK during pass.
- If you need to swing your arms, the arms should
swing in only one direction (toward target) while passing.
- Make sure your forearms face in the direction you want
the ball to go.
- Start out facing the server, and always face the ball
when you pass.
- Move to the ball without crossing your feet.
- Try to get to the spot before the ball does.
CONSISTANT CONTACT POINT
PASSING WITH MOVEMENT
Copyright ©Volleyball World Wide
Volleyball World Wide on the Computer Internet/WWW